List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: ddraw/tests: Probe the supported display modes and skip tests based on the result.
From:       Henri Verbeet <hverbeet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-27 13:42:20

On 27 February 2014 02:24, Francois Gouget <fgouget@codeweavers.com> wrote:
>  * QEmu can emulate an old Cirrus 5446 graphics card that tops out at
>    24bpp and thus does not support the 32bpp modes we want. For Windows
>    2000 that's all that works.

For most of these tests, perhaps all of them, we don't care about the
difference between 24 and 32 bpp modes. I'm going to look into writing
a small set_display_mode() helper that just tries both, which would
allow these tests to be run on the Windows 2000 testbot as well. That
doesn't help for 8 bpp modes, but there are only a few tests that need
those, and I think the way we handle those currently is fine.