List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: D3D command stream abandoned?
From:       Stefan_Dösinger <stefan () codeweavers ! com>
Date:       2013-12-23 14:47:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

Am 21.12.2013 um 19:26 schrieb Forest <winehq@tibit.com>:

> I haven't seen any news of the command stream lately.  The last thing =
I read
> was the mention of "more preparation work" in the 1.7.4 release
> announcement.  Has the project been abandoned?
It=92s not been abandoned. I=92m working on getting it merged, but I was =
delayed by other, partially related work.

I=92m on vacation right now, but I plan to send a new patchset to =
wine-devel early in January, probably for 1.7.10. I was hoping to do so =
for 1.7.9 before the Chrismas vacation, but the patches I have in my =
tree are somewhat broken at the moment and only produce a segfault. I =
didn=92t finish cleaning them up in time.

Getting the command stream merged will take a while. My current goal at =
the moment is merging surface and resource location management and =
moving it into the resource class. Buffers will have to be migrated as =
well before the command stream itself can proceed. And for the CS itself =
we have a few more design decisions to work out to make sure the code is =
maintainable in the long term.

> I maintain a wine build for gamers, and currently have it frozen at =
version
> 1.7.1 with Stefan's September 2 command stream patches, because they =
seem to
> boost performance quite a bit for some folks.  I'd love to get =
something
> more mature into my users' hands if it's available.
If you are looking for an intermediate version of the code with a few =
bugs from my original wine-devel submission fixed then you can find that =
in the CrossOver 13 Wine sources. It=92d be a bit of effort to isolate =
those changes and put them in the upstream wine code though.

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]