List:       wikien-l
Subject:    [WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] VisualEditor on English Wikipedia
From:       John Mark Vandenberg <jayvdb () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-06-03 7:04:10

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "ENWP Pine" <deyntestiss@hotmail.com>
Date: Jun 3, 2014 5:02 PM
To: "wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org" <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>

Because VE has repeatedly been mentioned in this list as something that is
improving and may help us with acquisition of editors and their knowledge,
I have started to draft an RfC about re-enabling VE on English Wikipedia.

I am not proposing any specific outcome in the RfC. My goal is to set up a
framework which the community can use to decide which of several paths we
would like to take.

This is not my personal RfC, I just happen to think that with recent
discussions trending positively about VE's improvement over the past
several months and with the comments in this list about its possible value
to acquiring new editors, I'm willing to put in some time to draft a
framework for a discussion on-wiki. I am providing this note to let the
community know that someone (me) is drafting a framework for on-wiki
discussion. If someone else wants to start an RfC before I get around to
starting one, that's completely ok.

Cheers,

Pine