List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections
From:       "David Mestel" <david.mestel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-16 18:18:07

If I may add my personal opinion, I do not think that it was
appropriate for Jimmy to declare public support for any candidate.
Here's why: In some sense, Jimmy's role is to be an impartial
adjudicator, facilitating to a great extent the views of the
community, although obviously also keeping the greater good of
Wikipedia in mind.  In some ways, indeed, one might draw an analogy
between this and a hypothetical situation where the monarch encouraged
the electorate to vote one way or the other.  Just my $0.02.
--
David