List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections
From:       Stephen Streater <sbstreater () mac ! com>
Date:       2006-09-16 17:56:48

On 16 Sep 2006, at 18:05, Erik Moeller wrote:

> On 9/16/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales@wikia.com> wrote:
>> It is very very important that everyone vote.
>
> Yes, absolutely.
>
>> I personally strongly strongly support the candidacies of Oscar and
>> Mindspillage.
>
> I think that's a very important, and valuable, statement. I am on the
> record as stating that the majority of any future expanded Board
> should be elected by the community (possibly through a membership
> model, but not necessarily so). However, in that model, sitting Board
> members can provide balance and reason by endorsing particular
> candidacies. Angela has endorsed me, and I think it is vital for you,
> Anthere and Michael to also share your views on the candidates.
>
> I don't think a public, cross-posted mailing list thread is
> necessarily the best way to do so, as it might turn into an exchange
> of negativity. In the future, perhaps each candidate statement should
> have a "slot" for endorsements. That way, Board members and others
> could easily make their opinions known.

I would also like to see a list of endorsements
in the statements.

I think now (by chance perhaps) all the people
I have voted for have posted here. I'm sure there
are some excellent candidates amongst the others,
but I have not had experience of them. Perhaps
with more experience here I will know them,
but in the mean time, I will constrain my votes
to the people I like and know.