List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections
From:       <charles.r.matthews () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2006-09-16 13:51:53

Stephen Streater wrote

> I was going to raise the question of why we are voting using this
> strange system.

I don't know, but I suppose allowing the maximum of 'yes' votes could be seen as good \
for the social glue. The ArbCom elections were on another 'strange' system, \
maximizing the chance for cattiness and worse; and therefore allowing people on enWP \
to blow off steam. I can quite see why that is not be applied here.

Charles