List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections
From:       geni <geniice () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-16 13:34:03

On 9/16/06, Stephen Streater <sbstreater@mac.com> wrote:
> I was going to raise the question of why we are voting using this
> strange system. STV gives much more interesting results and it
> prevents one big block getting all the seats, and it also prevents
> splitting a vote.

There is only a single seat. the system we are useing in theory should
elect the least least popular candidate. If everyone acts rationaly
(figure out who you can't stand then vorte for everyone else) then you
should should end up with a canaditate acceptable to the majority even
if they were no ones first choice. Plus it is simple to follow.

--
geni