List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] What. The. Fuck??!?
From:       "Peter Ansell" <ansell.peter () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-14 11:09:24

On 5/12/06, Russell Blackford <russellblackford@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Independently of the stunt being discussed here, a group of us have chanced
> our collective arm that there is now enough consensus, on the talk page and
> elsewhere, to alter the wording of T1. T1 is now elaborated and clarified in
> a way that expressly allows for speedy deletion of such userboxes. I hope
> that the wording will stick but that admins will show some sensitivity, e.g.
> transcluding (or whatever the hell that word is) boxes before zapping them.
>
> Under the new wording - if it does stick - the deletion of the User:
> Christian template is supportable, but I'm really quite dismayed by the
> antics involving it overnight my time. Some people on this list might want
> to see the comments being expressed in the deletion review, and to make
> comments of their own about what has been done, both by the group involved
> with this template and by those of us who thought T1 needed to be changed.
>
> Russell

There are ways to do things without changing the wording on a Speedy.
If the debate based consensus on a topic is not clear how do you
justify making up an objective criteria that will be accepted by
editors who see the large amount of power in a criterium that only has
to be agreed upon by a single admin in the end, no questions asked.
(unless someone puts it to DRVU, which they did in this case)

Peter