List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Libel chill
From:       Ilmari Karonen <nospam () vyznev ! net>
Date:       2006-04-23 16:29:16

Ilmari Karonen wrote:
>>Steve Bennett schrieb:
>>
>>>I would be curious to know - not necessarily with examples - whether
>>>we have had legal threats related to articles that did meet WP:V. That
>>>is, we published something which was by all accounts true, and had
>>>verifiable sources to back it up - and yet was deemed offensive by
>>>some miffed party.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Garrels

Before anyone else gets to point this out, let me note that the
situation appears to be somewhat more complicated than my cursory
examination of the page history at first suggested.

(Essentially, it seems only some of the disputed information has been
restored with sources; other parts appear to have indeed been false.
What confused me was that the part that was removed by Jimbo was among
the former.)

--
Ilmari Karonen