List:       wikien-l
Subject:    [WikiEN-l] Re: Wikimania
From:       Elisabeth Bauer <elian () djini ! de>
Date:       2005-08-11 8:14:02

Anthere wrote:

> For those who did not participate, I think it is important they get some
> pictures with legend from the first Wikimania report. We can not edit
> the legends on Flickr... So I just hope some people will upload some of
> the best shots to meta :-)

commons please ;-) additional note: I had almost no time to take
pictures of wikimania myself and at the same time, I had journalists
from outside pleading for pictures.

It is essential for press work to have good pictures of the community
gathering together and not only portrait photos of a few famous
speakers. It is also essential to have a broad selection to choose from
because as amateur photos are, there are usually just a few you can
really use for print.

When putting together the press kit for wikimania, I had to include
awfully lowres versions of pictures of Angela and Anthere (those on
their user pages), I hope there may
be better ones under the many pictures made at wikimania.

Special picture requests:
* Leon Weber (our youngest admin on de) is looking for the pictures
someone took when he gave his interview on sunday to the sydney morning
herald.
* I am looking for pictures of the three tv teams lining up in the
courty yard and waiting to interview jimbo and kurt (just for the fun
and to illustrate our press archive page)
* I also search for party pictures with the sun banners clearly visible
to send to sun (mine turned out too dark), same goes for the answers.com
banner in the big hall.

If anyone has such pictures, pleased mail them to me.

I am crossposting this to foundation-l as this doesn't really concern
the english wikipedia but more the project as a whole.

greetings,
elian