List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: Icons
From:       cloudmaster <cloudmaster () cloudmaster ! com>
Date:       2000-01-20 14:02:41

jcameron@webmin.com wrote:

> "Bruno Clermont" <brunoclermont@hotmail.com> wrote ..
> > Icons in webmin are... hmmm colorless (ugly).
> > It could be easily to add this features : each user can choose if he want to
> > use the standard icons($gconfig{ 'images' } = "images/"), or colorfull
> > ($gconfig{ 'images' } = "images256/"), for web browser with modern display.
> > When a function like &header() or /index.pl need to shot the file X.gif it
> > can look the $gconfig{ 'images' } directory (which contains images/ or
> > images256/) var instead of images/ in each modules dir.
> > This way, with a minimum of modification in current code, webmin users can
> > see nicer icons if they want.
> > Jamie (or everyone in webmin devel), if you want, i can write it myself.
> > After that, we'll need some cool icons!
>
> Sounds like a great idea.. the only catch is finding somebody with enough
> artistic skill to create a new icon set.

So long as it's remembered that there's something to be said for using a
minimal pallette and the quiet dignity of simplicity...

--Danny, who likes the current setup
-
Forwarded by the Webmin mailing list at webmin-l@webmin.com
To remove yourself from this list, please send email to
majordomo@webmin.com
with this text in its body: unsubscribe webmin-l