List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: [webmin-l] Unable to install DBD::Pg
From:       Kris Deugau <kdeugau () vianet ! ca>
Date:       2011-01-31 23:07:49

Francisco Leovey wrote:
> pg_config is not on my Mandriva 2010.2 installation DVD
> /usr/bin/pg_config is part of the libpq-dev package and it seems is
> not needed to run Postgres.
> Postgres is working fine and PgAdmin also works fine.
> I tried to install the libpq-dev rpm and it gives all sorts of
> unresolved requirements

Unresolved as in "Can't install libfoobar-dev:  No such package"?

Or just a long list of things that whatever package manager interface
you're using says are required to make use of libpq-dev?

> Stil it would be nice to manage to install DBD::Pg as my Perl programs
> cannot access Postgres
> Any ideas on how to install this some other way?

I think you were directed to a couple of resources, but I know Mandriva
has (yet another) slightly different arrangement of all the parts, so a
.rpm package built for CentOS/RHEL likely won't work.

The first result in a Google search for "DBD:Pg rpm mandriva" was this:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandriva/2010.2/i586/media/contrib/backports/perl-DBD-Pg-2.17.1-2mdv2010.1.i586.html

which would seem to be a pretty good match.  Try downloading the .rpm
that should be linked from that page, and see if that installs.

-kgd