List:       vuln-dev
Subject:    Run-time errors and JIT debuggers
From:       EvilPacket <evilpacket () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-08 3:27:16

Greetings,

I am curious to know if there is a way to force a windows program that
crashes with a Run-time error, off to a JIT debugger. The situation is
I can consitantly provide a specific application with a certain string
and cause it to crash with a Run-time error (either 5, 13 or 91). (as
soon as the Author has a fix posted I will post it, but can't yet)

Essentially I'm trying to use this DoS that I found as a learning
oppertunity to see if I can learn how to extend the vulnerability into
more than just a DoS as well as learn more about the windows side of
things. I'm familier with debugging techniques on the unix side of
things, but am having troubles getting a foothold on Windows.

Any help, pointing to resources..etc would be great.

Thanks
Adam Baldwin
evilpacket@gmail.com