List:       vpn
Subject:    Re: VPNs and NAT
From:       Deepak Vaidya <dvaidya () clark ! net>
Date:       1998-10-09 0:14:36

Steve,

We currently have 3 sites with internet connections that have VPN between
each other and would be adding the 4th one sometime in January.  We are
using skip to do that. The firewall will make a decision based on what the
encryption domain is and forward the packet based to the peering firewall.
We are also allowing stand alone system to connect to internal hosts, with
out any problems.  Initially, we had problems from one site where the
software had trouble dealing with fragmented packets.

The packets going to peering firewall are encapsulated, while the packets
destined for internet are user NAT.

If you have any more question, please contact me and I will try to answer
them.

- Deepak