List:       vnc-list
Subject:    Re: Is there a Mac 7.6.1 winvnc server available?
From:       "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink ! com>
Date:       1999-08-31 21:10:17

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 04:35:39PM +0100, Charlie McLachlan wrote:
> If your question is "Is there a server for my Quadra?"
>
> Then the short answer is no.
>
> The slightly longer answer is : No, because the quadra is a 68k based
> machine and currently the server only works for PPC. I have no 68k machine
> to test things on which makes 68k development rather tricky.
> But, there were mentions a while ago about poeple having a go at tweeking
> it to work with 68k machines. It shouldn't (don't quote me) be too
> hard to make the change. If anyone wants to try I'll be happy to give them
> all the help I can.

Would you obejct if we just shipped you a 68k machine?  :-)

There are 4 in 'inventory' right now; a IIci, IIsi, LCIII, and I think
a IIx.  The ci is probably the fastest.  They're not exactly mine to
offer; I've carboned my best friend, who owns most of them; if you're
interested, we could probably set something up...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592