List:       vnc-list
Subject:    Re: Mac Server Display Numbers
From:       "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink ! com>
Date:       1999-08-31 21:06:29

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 11:30:11AM +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
> >The next version of the server (in anticipation of multimonitor support)
> >will have fixed display numbers.
> >
> >This means display zero will always be the main display. In future
> >versions, subsequent numbers will be assigned to the other graphics
> >devices on the device list.
>
> I take by this you mean the screen with the menubar will be 0, and any
> extra screens will be 1, 2, ...
> And to control a Mac with multiple screen will mean making 2 or more
> connections (if you actually need to view the other screens).
>
> To me it sounds a reasonable way round the problem of handling a
> non-rectangular display.

Um, oops.

I was half way through opening my mouth to say "on which platform, Charles",
and then I remembered, you're the Mac guy.

(And, worse, I don't know if I remembered your name correctly, and
Simon clipped the attribution.  Oops.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592