List:       vim-mac
Subject:    $VIM and $PATH on Mac OS X
From:       Benji Fisher <fisherbb () bc ! edu>
Date:       2001-11-08 21:33:41

      With a little help from the vim users' list, I figured out (at
least part of the reason) why some commands do not work from the Carbon
version of vim that I compiled:  the commands I want (such as tex) are
not in $PATH.

      So:  how do I get $PATH set correctly?  Is there any way to set
$PATH (or $VIM, for that matter) from a terminal window (preferably the
default tcshrc, but I guess I can handle another shell) and have the
value visible when gvim (Carbon) starts?  I cannot find anything like a
.tcshrc on this system:  where do environment variables get set, anyway?

					--Benji Fisher