List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: Vim on Mac: What's NeXT? ;)
From:       Florent Pillet <Florent.Pillet () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2001-11-07 14:09:15

on 7/11/01 4:01, Dany St-Amant at dany.stamant@sympatico.ca wrote:

> -Terminal/Carbon combo version?

About this, one of my friends developed a terminal emulator for Mac OS X
which uses OpenGL in 2D mode to display the text. It is __much__ faster than
the basic terminal rendering speed, because it goes direct to the
acceleration hardware. A weird use for OpenGL, but definitely interesting
for those who spend the whole work day in VIM (I do, on several platforms).

--
Florent Pillet, Code Segment       Florent.Pillet@wanadoo.fr
PGP Key: D13C 6DD7 D0E2 7891 4AF9 0111 9514 4753 02F1 4D6D

PowerGlot, the premier localization tool for Mac OS software
   -> PowerGlot Software           http://www.powerglot.com/
Sync Buddy for Mac & PalmOS. FindHack, SymbolHack for PalmOS
   -> ...and other tools... http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fpillet/
BrainForest, outlines & action items for Palm, Mac & Windows
   ->                                http://www.aportis.com/