List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: Vim on Mac: What's NeXT? ;)
From:       gmark () svs ! com
Date:       2001-11-07 5:32:54

On Tuesday, November 6, 2001, at 09:01 PM, Dany St-Amant wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  It's probably time for a quick survey as I don't seem to work on what
> people want.
> What should be the priority work done in Vim for Mac?

Yeah, we've been meaning to complain about that! :-)
> (You can also answer as: who what to do what?)
>
> -Dialog boxes?
>   (currently in progress)
> -Drop to shell?
>   (Huh? this currently work on my development stream can't believe it)
I don't understand that comment, but having VIM be able to drop to
the shell (preferably the user-specified shell (ksh, bash, csh,
whatever's
running) would be excellent. Being able to actually run a shell command
on a text buffer or file would be even better, doing it from VIM in a GUI
environment would likely attract a LOT of attention, since it would give
IMMEDIATE shell access from a GUI editor!

Everything else pales after the shell stuff. It'd be a BIG draw for
OSX users everywhere.

G. Mark Stewart