List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Suggestion
From:       Alexis Lee <alexis () turton ! com>
Date:       2001-07-25 11:37:50

Apologies if this is old ground; I'm aware the Windows OLE stuff is
meant to do something like this.

I'd like to use Vim embedded in more programs. Pine can do this, at the
cost of a new process every time I enter the message body, but I'm stuck
in Mozilla.

Would it be possible to get Vim running as a background process, so
other programs just have to call char* useVim(char* initial_input)?

Cheers,
Alexis