List:       vim-dev
Subject:    RE: Vim's future ?
From:       "Jeremy Brand, B.S." <jeremy () nirvani ! net>
Date:       2002-11-05 19:13:17

Thus spake Philippe FREMY:

> Are you sure ? These "most people" don't include at least all the people who
> have talked to us (as the kvim development team). Since we have started kvim
> and the vim KDE component, we have had a lot of feedback for enthusiastic vi
> and KDE users. I can tell you that _all_ of these people would like to have
> a good vim component. Vim as the application doesn't matter much to them.
> KDE is getting more and more popular and we will have more and more people
> like this.

I think an interesting question is what is more popular, VIM or KDE?  I
know at least in my circle collegues, most of them can give a crap about
how pretty their desktop looks, but they ALL use vim.  I don't mean to
over simplify what KDE is, but there is still a significant group that
prefers not having the integration that you speak of.  So, to your point
that there are people that want this integration, thare are also plenty of
people that do not want it.

Jeremy