List:       vim
Subject:    Re: requesting minimum cscope function for gvim.exe
From:       Bram Moolenaar <Bram () moolenaar ! net>
Date:       2002-12-31 21:03:34

Xiangjiang Ma wrote:

> I having been trying to compile gvim with cscope added on
> win32, but all failed so far.
>
> It is possible to separate cscope into two parts
>
> 1. ctags like what we have for ctags
> 2. connetion, which lead to compling failure
>
> For quick reference purpose, we don't need #2, which needs UNIX
> resources. Can we just to get #1 works as it does for ctags?

You mean that the cscope program is run for every command?  That would
be possible.  The ctags stuff is actually handled inside Vim, thus that
is quite different.

> I have cscope.exe for win32 and I hope I can use it within
> gvim.exe.

I don't know if it is possible to do all the cscope commands without
making a connection to the cscope program.  It would require someone to
look into this and attempt to implement it.

I'm planning to add symbol lookup as part of the A-A-P project.  It
should be able to do more than cscope and should work on MS-Windows.  I
plan to start working on this in the coming months (a bit of help would
certainly speed it up!).

- Bram

254. You wake up daily with your keyboard printed on your forehead.

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
///          Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.vim.org          \\\
\\\           Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.a-a-p.org           ///