List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Problem with menu item
From:       Klaus Bosau <kbosau () web ! de>
Date:       2002-12-29 22:29:45

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Benji Fisher wrote:

>       Please give a simple, reproducible example if you can.
>
> 					--Benji Fisher

Hi,

and thanks for your reply! I've been unable 'til now to create an
example that reproduces the problem I mentioned (Btw, the characters
shown in the status line seem to be the same each time this happens. Is
there a way to find out the corresponding character codes?), but another
problem (menu related too) I didn't mention cause it doesn't show up as
frequently as this one I could. (I'm not sure however if the commands
used are used in the right way, so I'd like to apologize if this should
be due to a misinterpretation of what I read in Vim's user manual.)

     fun! s:Wipe()
       unmenu Testmenu
       unmenu! Testmenu
     endfun

     fun! s:Stop()
       echo "this"
       call s:Wipe()
       an Testmenu.say :call <SID>Say()<Cr>
     endfun

     fun! s:Say()
       echo "hello"
       call s:Wipe()
       an Testmenu.stop :call <SID>Stop()<Cr>
     endfun

     an Testmenu.say :call <SID>Say()<Cr>

I discovered that clicking on the item frequently makes the program
crash. (GVim 6.1/W98)

Thanks,

Klaus