List:       vim
Subject:    copying text form into vim
From:       c.lina () gmx ! net
Date:       2002-12-11 8:07:19

Hi,

often I have two vim's open. Is there a way to copy text from one vim session into \
the other?  I am using vim in an xterm, so it would be nice to select text with the \
left mouse button and past with the middle button. This works when I hold down the \
shift-key, but then also the line numbers are pasted. Is there a way to avoid this? \
Is it possible to copy and paste without mouse between two vim sessions? I usually \
use the mouse only to drag the statusline.

Thanks & regards, Catherine.