List:       viavoice
Subject:    [viavoice] commands?
From:       Ken Feingold <kf () kenfeingold ! com>
Date:       2001-03-15 0:32:43

Hi -

In a dictation app, I am seeing that the engine periodically returns
"SPCH_RECOGNIZED_WORD" and if I understand this correctly from the docs,
it corresponds to a command that was recognized.  However, I have 2
problems with this: first is that I have not explicitly created any
command vocabulary, and the second is that it causes a seg fault w/core
dump when it happens, even though I have a callback containing
SmGetFirmWords enabled to handle it.  Perhaps the problem is with my
callback, but it works fine for handling SPCH_RECOGNIZED_TEXT.  I do see
a "WsInt - Exiting on Usage Timeout" in the engine.log when it crashes,
so it looks like the engine doesn't think it's being handled right.

Can the recognition of commands during dictation be explicitly disabled
in the engine via the API?  Can the same callback structure handle both
SmNrecognizedWordCallback and SmNrecognizedTextCallback?

thanks,
Ken

---
For information about the IBM ViaVoice SDKs and Run Time Kits for Linux visit: \
http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/sdk_linux.html To view the archive of \
submissions visit: http://viavoice.sparklist.com  To view the Frequently Asked \
Questions visit: http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/faq_linux.html To remove your \
subscription to this list, simply send a note to: \
remove-viavoice@laser.sparklist.com. If you are experiencing any problems using the \
list, please send a note to viavoice-owner@laser.sparklist.com.