List:       viavoice
Subject:    [viavoice] Input from file instead of mic
From:       Alain Desilets <Alain.Desilets () nrc ! ca>
Date:       2001-01-24 14:30:50

Hello folks,

I'm currently working on a research project to extract keyphrases from
audio files.

Has anyone figured out how to get ViaVoice to take input from a file
instead of the mic? I saw various postings about this in the archive,
but no actual code that show how it's done.

Also, I'm wondering what the likely performance of ViaVoice will be when
used in speaker independant mode? Note that in my case, the
transcription doesn't have to be perfect because it is only used
internally to do the keyphrase extraction.

Thanks.

--
Alain Désilets

Research Officer
National Research Council Canada
Institute for Information Technology

Agent de recherche
Conseil national de recherche Canada
Institut de technologies de l'information

email/courriel: alain.desilets@iit.nrc.ca

---
For information about the IBM ViaVoice SDKs and Run Time Kits for Linux visit \
http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/sdk_linux.html. To view the archive of \
submissions visit http://viavoice.sparklist.com. To view the Frequently Asked \
Questions visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/faq_linux.html. To remove your \
subscription to this list, simply send a note to: \
remove-viavoice@laser.sparklist.com. If you are experiencing any problems using the \
list, please send a note to viavoice-owner@laser.sparklist.com.