List:       veritas-vx
Subject:    [Veritas-vx] RE: DMP configuration with CX-500!
From:       <Dave.Ruddle () fujitsu-siemens ! com>
Date:       2005-07-26 9:16:46

Hello

Make sure you check the settings in Navisphere on the CLARiiON (use GUI
or navicli).

The ones you are looking for specifically are:

InitiatorType - set to 3
Arraycommpath - set to 1 (enabled)
Failovermode - set to 2 (1 for DMP 4.1)
UnitSerialNumber ....

		For DMP or PowerPath, determine if any of the following
packages are present:

		* Solstice DiskSuite (SUNWmdr)
		* SunCluster 3.x (SUNWscr)
		* Veritas DBE/AC (VRTSdbac)
		* SFRAC (VRTSdbac)

		Perform the applicable substep:

		* If none of the packages listed above are present, then
the UnitSerialNumber MUST be set to ARRAY.

		* If any of the packages listed above are present, then
set the UnitSerialNumber as follows:

-			VRTSvcs with I/O fencing:  UnitSerialNumber MUST
be set to LUN
-			VRTSvcs without I/O fencing: UnitSerialNumber
MUST be set to ARRAY

		NOTE:  To determine if I/O fencing is enabled, perform
the following:

		a.	The /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf file
contains a line of "UseFence = SCSI3".

		b.	The /etc/vxfentab file is not empty.

		c.	The command /sbin/vxfenadm -g all -f
/etc/vxfentab returns at least one SCSI3 keys.

Once this is done and all the LUNs are in the right storage groups or
presented to the host, and the switch/fibre is connected OK, do a
reconfig reboot.

When the system reboots, vxconfigd should pick up all new devices as
unknown, then you can configure them.

Dave Ruddle