List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    [Veritas-bu]  I inherited a mess.
From:       Sagz <netbackup-forum () backupcentral ! com>
Date:       2010-01-21 19:54:32

well good.... guess I better get started!

on a side note.

I got my Red hat 7.1 box running NB 5.1 back up and running.
The robot (adic scalar 100 with two lto-1 drives) is alive but the picker seems broke \
so I can't teach the robot or get it to inventory tapes. in an effort to restore jobs \
without importing them to my current redhat 5.4 NB 6.5.3 setup I attached an lto3 \
standalone drive to the old setup I'm unsure how to do a restore relying on the \
standalone drive only.

The catalog still shows the tapes in the robot but as I said... I can't do a tape \
inventory.

When I start a restore job it just sits there... I imaging getting hung up on the bad \
robot.

any ideas?

If I could restore all the images to one of my raids... I'll just re-archive the \
stuff under NB 6.5.3