List:       velocity-dev
Subject:    Re: Patch
From:       "Will Glass-Husain" <wglass () forio ! com>
Date:       2005-09-22 17:29:14

Can you please create a JIRA issue then?

Please list exactly the problem you were experiencing, including how to
reproduce it.  Then attach the patch and state how it solves the problem.

Really appreciate your contribution - I don't mean to throw up unnecessary
obstacles.  But it makes a big difference in ease of tracking to have every
change tracked and submitted through our issue tracker.  Among other
benefits, it documents the change for those who experience the same bug in
an earlier version, and it provides a place for other developers (e.g. me)
to ask questions and offer suggestions for improving the specific patch.
(and the list serv does not always include all attached files).

Thanks again, WILL