List:       vbox-users
Subject:    [vbox-users] Turbotax, MS Flight Simulator, and Wintv USB2 install,
From:       Harry Wert <harry.wert () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-27 14:46:04

An appeal for Help or Leads,

I have Googled to death with no helpful return(s). I have Virtual Box
running on Ubuntu Hardy with Windows Xp as a Guest. Most Programs I have
tried to install run satisfactory. So far, the most notable exceptions
are Turbotax, MS Flight Simulator, and Wintv USB2. All three install
with NO errors. Turbotax and Wintv USB (Tvtime) run under Hardy (wine
for turbotax, and tvtime for Wintv.) so I can rule out Hardware.

Using virtualbox:

o Turbotax will briefly show the "hourglass" but the program never starts.

o Flight Simulator provides the familiar start-up screen displaying the
hourglass but terminates with an error such as ... Flight Simulator
cannot work with your video card - please correct.

o Wintv USB2 starts and displays the TV screen and controls, indicates
which channel is selected, but no sound or video. The Sound is probably
trivial to resolve but I have not further investigated. The CPU monitor
indicates it is running (not frozen).

I have experimented with the host (Hardy) video options with no affect.

I have also experimented with the virtualbox settings for the graphics
adapter which does not solve the problem.  Vbox setup states "all
devices working properly".  I am at a loss for where to look. Are there
vbox archives I should know about?

Thanks in advance for any leads or help ...

Harry Wert
Physicist