List:       vbox-users
Subject:    [vbox-users] VirtualBox crashes on amd64 encrypted partition
From:       Moritz Moeller-Herrmann <mmh () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-06-11 23:43:34

I have started using the new 1.40 release on a Debian Sid (sidux) AMD 64 host.
Starting Virtual box and creating a dynamic disk image worked. I installed
and used WinXP without any troubles.

However, when I quit VirtualBox and try to restart it,  VirtualBox hangs for a
few seconds with 100% CPU load and then segfaults / crashes. The GUI never
comes up. I did can not even see my disk images, let alone start them. This
happens 100% of the time.

When I deleted the disk image, VirtualBox started fine again. I created a new
disk image installed WinXP again and - bang - after the first restart
VirtualBox crashes again as described above.

Any advice? Could this be caused by the fact that the disk image is on a
dmcrypt encrypted ext3 partition? Is this an AMD64 issue?

Whatever the cause is, it should not crash. Thanks for any help...

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann