List:       userlinux-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Discuss] To the supporters of UserLinux
From:       Gregory Scott Bledsoe <GregoryScott () thingsbledsoe ! com>
Date:       2003-12-21 15:33:31

Recently Linus ruled by fiat that the ide-scsi masking for the use of
cdrecord with ide drives was in his opinion "dumb" and wasn't going to
be supported anymore.  This made a vocal group very unhappy.  So it
happens from time to time in all "community projects."

The fallout will settle, life will go on.

Greg Bledsoe