List:       userlinux-discuss
Subject:    Re: Re: [Discuss] To the supporters of UserLinux
From:       tackat () t-online ! de (Torsten Rahn)
Date:       2003-12-21 10:08:51

On Sunday 21 December 2003 09:44, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 21 December 2003 07:46, Bruce Perens wrote:
> > It's the inevitable fallout of the Slashdot article. Give it a few days
> > and it'll trail off.
> > Michael Compton wrote:
> > > We are starting to pollute the mailing list with crap again.  KDE/Qt
> > > vs. Gnome etc etc.
> The problem is as soon as new people join the mailing list, there is the
> probability that they will ask "why everything except Qt/KDE ?" and the KDE
> people won't let false answers stand uncorrected.

No matter how each one of us thinks about Userlinux' GUI-problem, it will
inevitably be raised.

- as long as people will join this mailing list,
- as long as enterprise users / developers prefer to use quality software over
gratis software.
- as long as enterprise developers prefer to use C++ over C (I would consider
the high usage of C among linux geeks to be rather non-representative).
- as long as there is freedom of speech on this list.

So as long as UserLinux will not resolve its home-brewn problem in a more open
way it will obviously be here to stay.

Regards,
Torsten Rahn