List:       unison-users
Subject:    Re: [unison-users] perms=0 Doesn't Work? - Restart
From:       "Adrian Klaver adrian.klaver () aklaver ! com [unison-users]" <unison-users-noreply () y
Date:       2014-10-07 18:02:33

On 10/07/2014 08:08 AM, Brian services@increa.com [unison-users] wrote:
> [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Brian included below]
>
> Adrian,
>
> The second post did not show a one second difference (attached again
> here). The ONLY thing Unison identifies as different are some
> permissions on the right side of the screen -- and that should have been
> ignored with perms=0. This was the original question I posted, so I
> think this screenshot shows the question is not a red herring.
>
> With nothing visible as different, my goal is to get Unison to STOP
> identifying these as syncable files when it does not show anything
> different between them. It ~says~ something about properties is
> different. What property? And how do I mask that away? It's not
> permissions because I ~already~ masked that away with perms=0.
>
> I'm trying to squeeze this effort in between some other heavy job
> commitments and apologize for fractured emails as I figure out how to
> document an intermittent issue. Finally, I figured out how to attach
> screen shots to the user group. I also posted the debug -all output
> showing that Unison decides nothing is different between the test files.
> So... I guess my question remains about how to get Unison to STOP
> identifying these as syncable files when it does not identify (GUI) or
> find (debug output) anything different between them.

Unless I missed a post, the debug output you sent was for different file
then the one you show in the screenshot, so we are looking at apples and
oranges. It looks to me from the screenshot that the XLS8 XCEL
information is in a different column(not permissions) so represents a
different property. I am not familiar enough with the code to say what
that represents, so someone else will need to chime in. My suspicion,
given that you are using the Mac client, is that it is some OS X
specific information and that this information is disappearing/appearing
as you go from FAT32 to HFS+ and back. In other words the information is
there when you work on OS X and then is lost when you transfer to the
FAT32 file system. When you sync again the information is not seen on
the FAT32 file and the file is flagged as different. The crux of the
matter is synchronization is very state dependent. So to get a handle on
what is going on you will need to follow the process through a specific
state. Combining information from different runs will not really work.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

<*> Your email settings: