List:       uddi4j-general
Subject:    Re: [Uddi4j-general] What is the diffence between using find_service and
From:       "David Melgar" <dmelgar () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2002-02-06 16:14:47

UDDIProxy represents a proxy for a UDDI server that you are communicating
with. Its methods mirror very closely the API defined in the UDDI
specification. It includes methods such as find_service using the name and
parameters defined in the spec.

The implementation of this API uses a set of classes that represent the
request message to be sent to the registry. That is the reason for the
FindService class. It is used by UDDIProxy to map the API call to a message
to send to the registry.

In general use, you use the UDDIProxy class. There is no need to use the
request message objects. There is no missing or reduced facility when using
UDDIProxy.

David Melgar
Web Services Toolkit Development
Emerging Technologies