List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    RE: [uClinux-dev] PATCH: speedup of flash writing (cfi_cmdset_0002.c)
From:       "Falk Brettschneider" <falk.brettschneider () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-04-27 7:45:56

Hi,

I have an AMD flash of 16MB (Am29LV128) which is accepted by the CFI
auto-detection. Look at
http://www.amd.com.cn/CHCN/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/25270c5.pdf
in table 11 for the "Write to Buffer" command.
I think all bigger flash chips have that CFI command AA 55 25 count.
Having file access via JFFS2 system (including compression of the data with
zlib) the write time of my firmware file (350kB) is about 6secs with my
patch, I just use fopen, fwrite, fflush, fclose for that. In case of direct
writing&verifying (means not using JFFS2) I can write a 900kB Linux kernel
in 7 seconds.

BTW: I don't have a clue who maintains the flash drivers for uclinux and how
there is a chance to get my patch in the public CVS. Can anybody help,
please?

Cheers, F@lk