List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] PPPD idle option
From:       Greg Ungerer <gerg () snapgear ! com>
Date:       2001-10-29 23:15:44

Hi David,

David Beamonte wrote:
> Does anybody know why the 'idle' option in PPPD (v2.3.8 from Greg's
> distro) is disabled for uClinux?

It was done a long time ago to reduce the binary size.

> ########### user/pppd/pppd/options.c
> #ifndef EMBED
>     { "holdoff", o_int, &holdoff,
>       STR("Set time in seconds before retrying connection") },
>     { "idle", o_int, &idle_time_limit,
>       STR("Set time in seconds before disconnecting idle link") },
> #endif
> ###########
>
> It seems as though the timeouts are disabled or undefined anywhere else
> in the code. How could I test if my connection is idle in ordert to
> shutdown the link?

I would simply remove the conditional and compile that code in.
Binary size is a lot less of a problem these days...

Regards
Greg

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg@snapgear.com
SnapGear                                       PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.snapgear.com
This message resent by the uclinux-dev@uclinux.org list server http://www.uClinux.org/