List:       uclinux
Subject:    Re: [UCLINUX] CPU internal address space access in uClinux
From:       Marcel Dasen <dasen () tik ! ee ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       1999-09-07 13:25:54

"Vladimir A. Gurevich" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to write a user-level program (running under root) that tried
> to access the internal registers of 68EZ328. (0xFFFFF000 -- 0xFFFFFFFF).
> The program was killed by SIGSEGV.

Use a memory device (permissions can then be set according to your
needs). Although this is a very clean method, it implies a large
overhead (sys-call) and function argument passing just for setting a
couple of bits.

Regards
-md
--
Marcel Dasen    -     ETH Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Phone # ++41 1 632 7013 - TIK Computer Engineering and Networks