List:       uclibc
Subject:    buildroot not using --with-sysroot for gcc
From:       swarren () wwwdotorg ! org (Stephen Warren)
Date:       2005-12-18 0:16:29

In buildroot, I notice the "pass 1" build of gcc does use the
"--with-sysroot" configure option to hide the gcc install away somewhere
isolated.

However, "pass 2" (and also, the target build) don't use this option. Is
there a reason for this (i.e. it doesn't work) or is it just the case
that nobody needed this, or had time/motivation to implement it?

I ask because I'd really love to build a toolchain that can be dumped
anywhere in the filesystem, and still work (just like those from
Montavista for example), without e.g. putting a symlink from the "real"
location - that feature would be very useful for toolchains stored in a
source control system that developers check out into different places
depending on taste.