List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Startup Scripts
From:       craighagerman () gmail ! com (Craig Hagerman)
Date:       2005-09-06 3:40:26

On 9/6/05, Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> The command is "runlevel", funnily enough :)
> Mind you, since Ubuntu follows Debian practice, you are likely to see "2" , unless \
> you have done an "init 1" or something.
> Peter
> --

Thanks Peter.
I just set up a server with Ubuntu (long time Debian user, first time
with Ubuntu though!) and I already set it to start with run level 3.
Just wanted to make sure it is doing that. It is a headless server so
I set run level three to start without gdm, X etc. I will leave 2 as
it is so that I can switch to that when / if I want to log in via VNC.

Craig
(PS - did you know Peter and Craig both mean "rock"? Peter is my
middle name! Guess that explains my hard-headedness!)