List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Perl security update
From:       Thomas.Satzinger () t-online ! de (Thomas Satzinger)
Date:       2004-11-05 6:35:45

Am Donnerstag, den 04.11.2004, 14:22 -0800 schrieb Matt Zimmerman:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 10:41:57PM +0100, Thomas Satzinger wrote:
>
> > How can i fix that?
>
> The best way would be to restore from a backup.  You do have backups?
>
> Failing that, you can try to forcibly purge and reinstall the affected
> packages, but there is no way to tell reliably how much of your filesystem
> is corrupted.
>
> What happened to your system which might explain the corruption?  Are you by
> any chance using XFS?

Well,
i do not know what happened...
I am using ext3 and was happy with it up to now.
I had no crash, nothing....
I just do some office stuff and internet on this workstation.

I keep my packagaes up to date with synaptic, using warty, so maybe i
got this by installing a corrupted package?

Hope i do not have to reinstall everything..

thanks
thomas