List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    lm-sensors
From:       ubuntu () two14 ! net (Martin Maney)
Date:       2004-10-15 19:40:23

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:16:23PM +0200, Eric SCHAEFFER wrote:
> eschaeffer at ins8600:~ $ sudo sensors-detect
> No i2c device files found. Use prog/mkdev/mkdev.sh to create them.
>
> Does it mean that my sensor chip is unsupported ? (I've doubts about
> this...)
> Or do I need to do something ? (and what ? ;)

<quote>
Oh!  And when I tried to run sensors-detect, I found that the
/dev/i2c-* devices weren't present.  There's a script buried several
layers deep in the source tree to create them, but the Debian packaging
doesn't include it.
</quote>

That script the error mentions is what you need.  Run it, use
sensors-detect to sort out the modules you need,a nd forget about it.
The i2c-* devices will vanish with the next boot, but they only seem to
be needed by sensors-detect.  At least nothing else I've done has
complained of their lack yet.

--
[the combination of iPod and iTunes is like]
buying a 21st-century device