List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Nautilus
From:       ubuntu () arda ! demon ! co ! uk (Andy)
Date:       2004-10-06 21:20:54

Thomas Satzinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one drawback for me in Gnome is the Nautilus behaviour with tons of
> small window.
> I know there is a way to get the classical tree-view - explorer like
> look back, but i do not know how.
> can anybody help me out?

Computer menu -> Desktop Preferences - File Management
Behaviour tab
Tick "Always open in browser window"

When the browser pens, change the panel at the left to "Tree" by
clicking on the drop-down at the top of the panbel (usually
"Information") by default.

Alternatively if you don't always want to do it this way, right click
and choose "Browse Folder". Also - you can middle click to open a new
(non-browser) window and close the previous one an the same time.

HTH

Andy