Thomas Satzinger wrote: > Hi, > > one drawback for me in Gnome is the Nautilus behaviour with tons of > small window. > I know there is a way to get the classical tree-view - explorer like > look back, but i do not know how. > can anybody help me out? > Computer menu -> Desktop Preferences - File Management Behaviour tab Tick "Always open in browser window" When the browser pens, change the panel at the left to "Tree" by clicking on the drop-down at the top of the panbel (usually "Information") by default. Alternatively if you don't always want to do it this way, right click and choose "Browse Folder". Also - you can middle click to open a new (non-browser) window and close the previous one an the same time. HTH Andy