List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Opportunity to hack
From:       dingo () coco2 ! arach ! net ! au (John)
Date:       2004-10-06 21:12:05

Appologies to those who are offended by this OT post to an overloaded
list. Hopefully there are others more welcoming.

The Beeb wants help developing open source video codec, and I'm sure
most of us would like to encourage that.

There's an article about it at
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/06/bbc_open_source_video_codec/

If you'd like to take your Ubuntu system and get involved in some
serious hacking this might be your opportunity.

If you're looking for a doctorate thesis, a suitable topic may be found
here.

If you know someone who might be interested, pass it on.

My own view is folk with Powermacs should be especially welcome - it
will help sort out any endian issues.