List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Screen resolution and frequency
From:       ulrich () barfuss-jerusalem ! org (ulrich)
Date:       2004-10-06 21:12:35

Am Mittwoch, den 06.10.2004, 23:02 +0200 schrieb Thomas Satzinger:
> Hi,
>
> in the system settings i can only select a max. freq. of 70Hz, but i
> know that i can run 85Hz (1600 x 1200).
> How can i convince that tool to let me select higher freqs?

i think the only way doing this is by editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
looks like xfree didnt detect your monitors capabilities right.
if youre an ati-user and runnning the fglrx-driver theres an
extra-package called fglrx-control which contains fglrxconfig.
nice config-tool... otherwise find 'Section "Monitor"' in XF86Config and
fill in the appropriate Settings for your monitor.
should look like
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "Monitor0"
    HorizSync   31.5 - 80.5