List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    libIDL-config
From:       macintyrelp () ornl ! gov (Lawrence MacIntyre)
Date:       2004-10-06 20:09:41

Hi:

I just installed ubuntu, and I'm trying to compile a mozilla package
called nvu.  It requires libIDL-config, but I can't find it anywhere.
There is a libidl package, but no libidl-dev, which I'm guessing would
be the one I need.  I've never been successful with any debian variant,
so I'm not real good at figuring out the package manager...  Is there a
package I need that I can get from some other debian repository, or is
that dangerous?  Do I have to build it from source as well?  Is it
possible to get a package containing it?

I know, too many questions..

Thanks!
Lawrence MacIntyre     865.574.8696     macintyrelp at ornl.gov
               Oak Ridge National Laboratory
High Performance Information Infrastructure Technology Group
               AKO: lawrence.macintyre at us.army.mil
           SIPRNet: macintyrelp at ornl.doe.sgov.gov