List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    Re: More diagnostics data from desktop
From:       Robie Basak <robie.basak () ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2018-02-21 9:59:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:10:36AM +0000, Will Cooke wrote:
> We were thinking along the lines of something which would try to send the
> data at login a number of times, let's say.... 10, and then give up.

Note that if the user has defined a wifi connection that isn't available
to all users, then I think the connection can't be made until the user
has logged on, and that might take a few seconds to set up. So you'll
want to try some time after logging in, rather than immediately on
login, to avoid racing it.