List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    Desktop Memory Usage
From:       shakhshir () gmail ! com (Saad Shakhshir)
Date:       2006-09-13 23:04:32

I came across an interesting article today detailing a study of memory \
usage across various desktop environments.  The OP used
Exmap<http://www.berthels.co.uk/exmap/>and free (just as a reference
although those numbers aren't too useful).  In
short the conclusion is that Gnome consumes the most memory by far, \
followed by KDE, followed by XFCE, and WMaker uses the least.

I believe there may be some useful information and statistics here as we
move forward on developing, testing, and optimizing Ubuntu.

http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/memory/

-SS-