List:       twsocket
Subject:    [twsocket] Client Connect Timeout: How do I use TWSocket.TimeoutConnect?
From:       Doug Billi <doug.billi () ivr ! com>
Date:       2012-11-08 6:08:04

I want my TCP client to timeout if it can't connect within 3 seconds.

I've looked at the documentation, but it isn't clear how the TimeoutConnect property \
should be specified (milliseconds, seconds?).  After examining the code, it looks \
somewhat complicated with additional properties like TimeoutSampling, TimeoutIdle, \
TimeoutConnect, TimeoutStartSampling, TimeoutKeepThreadAlive, etc.

The FAQ (http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/FAQ.Timeout) says to use a TTimer, \
which I have done for read timeouts, but I want to understand the purpose/advantages \
of the aforementioned functions so I know why/when to use them instead of my own \
timer.

Also, can the built in timer be used for read timeouts, or is it just for connection \
timeouts?

Thanks,
Doug